Wickit is a low cost & environmentally friendly candle
It allows you to make your own candles that will last forever
- Choose a wide enough container in which the float can move freely.
- Pour some water into a container; this shall form a space that can be decorated: colour with syrup, paint, ink or food colouring... You could also submerge various objects into the water: stones, shells, statues, flowers.
- Pour in about a quarter of an inch of cooking oil (rapeseed, sunflower, olive...). The oil will naturally rise to the surface without mixing with the water.
- Simply and quickly create your wick by rolling and pressing with your fingers some absorbent paper or tissue. This should be no longer than the width of your finger. You could also use rope or twine...
- Insert the wick in the centre of the float. No need to force it, the wick will sit in the centre easily.
- Place the float flat on the surface of the oil and make sure the dipper is well supplied with oil at the centre to saturate the wick.
- Light your candle.
The paper is not burning, the oil is!
A wick lasts about 10 hours, according to the amount of oil and the tightness of the wick.
If you want to extinguish your candle, you just have to blow it out or push it gently into the oil to wet it.
Buy Wickit Candles online now
We now offer the option to buy Wickit candles online by the unit,
in packs of four and packs of six.
You will be directed to Paypal's secure website where you can pay using a Paypal account or with a credit card.
For any other amounts, please contact us on 087 954 09 02.